Company History and Ownership
DeepOcean Group was established in May of 2011 with Group headquarters in Oslo, Norway and main operational centres Norway, UK, USA, and Mexico with further offices globally. The group was formed following the merger of the survey, IMR (inspection, maintenance and repair) and decommissioning services of DeepOcean AS (founded 1999) and the seabed intervention company CTC Marine Projects (founded 1993). DeepOcean Group further expanded with the acquisition of USA based ROV and tooling services company, Delta Subsea in 2018 and France based, Africa, focused ROV services company Searov in 2017.
Divisions and Regions
The DeepOcean Group is organised with an Executive Leadership Team responsible for Global Operations.
The regional breakdown of the DeepOcean Group is as follows:
- DeepOcean Europe, headquartered in Haugesund, Norway and responsible for IMR and Subsea Construction activities in the Greater North Sea region;
- DeepOcean Africa, headquartered in Frontignan, France and responsible for IMR and Subsea Construction activities in the Africa region;
- DeepOcean GoM, headquartered in Montgomerie, Texas and responsible for IMR and Subsea Construction activities in the GoM region;
- DeepOcean Subsea Cables headquartered in Darlington, UK and responsible for Cable Lay activities globally;
- Enshore Subsea headquartered in Port of Blyth, UK and responsible for seabed intervention activities globally.
Late 2016 Triton became the largest shareholder of DeepOcean.
Triton is an international investment firm, founded in 1997. The company seeks to contribute to building better businesses for the longer term through partnership.
Triton invests in medium-sized businesses with management located in Europe that fall within the Industrial, Business Services, Consumer and Health sectors.
Triton funds’ approximately 180 investors include, among others, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies and endowments. Triton includes environmental, social and governance criteria into investment considerations and decision-making processes which help to capture long-term value.
Since its founding, Triton has completed more than 70 investments and supported more than 260 acquisitions.
Triton is an investment firm that invests primarily in German-speaking countries, the Nordic countries, the Benelux region, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom. We focus on companies with the potential to create sustainable, long-term value through changing economic cycles and we work closely with management to achieve that.
We are currently invested in 44 companies in Europe, with combined sales of around €18.0bn and around 99,300 employees.
For more information, please visit: www.triton-partners.com