DeepOcean 1 UK Ltd., a subsidiary of DeepOcean Group Holding BV (DeepOcean), today launches RECONNECT, a cost effective subsea cable repair service committed to reducing the time and cost of repairing and replacing subsea power cables.
DeepOcean RECONNECT has been established to deliver a reliable and effective cable repair service, committed to reducing the likelihood, time, and cost associated with repairing or replacing subsea power cables.
RECONNECT aims to reduce the likelihood of cable damage and subsequent failure through periodic inspection and maintenance, whilst reducing the impact upon the operator should a cable failure occur. Building upon DeepOcean’s foundation as one of Europe’s leading Inspection, Maintenance and Repair contractors, and with expanding capabilities in subsea power cable installation; DeepOcean RECONNECT delivers a cable repair service with a primary focus of safeguarding your subsea cable system.
Benefits of RECONNECT include:
· Shallow and deep-water solutions for array, export and interconnector replacement or repair jointing.
· Access to a large flexible repair fleet enabling rapid mobilisation and reducing response time.
· Access to the largest and most effective cable deburial/burial ﬂeet for remedial burial and cable protection.
· Fault identification and fault location services with a 24/7 emergency contact point.
· Support from DeepOcean’s unique in-house engineering, geotechnical and operational experience.
· Storage and management of cable, joints, spares and consumables.
· Cable decommissioning, recovery and disposal.
Having installed over 1,600km of power cable and having performed over 10,000 vessel days of subsea inspection and repair activities, DeepOcean is the partner of choice for safeguarding your subsea cable system.
Jonathan Edwards, Business Development Director stated “We are very pleased to be highlighting this safe and high quality capability. This service builds upon the many DeepOcean in-house strengths and has a strong focus on two key areas – rapid front end preparatory works and high sea state operability. Over the years we have completed a number of successful repairs on different types of products in various water depths, using appropriate vessels or barges, and we’d be very pleased to explore how this experience can be applied to other projects and scenarios. In addition, and crucially, we believe that we have identified methods and techniques that can reduce the cost of an offshore repair in comparison to other available market offerings”.
To find out more about DeepOcean RECONNECT, navigate to: www.deepoceangroup.com/services/reconnect, or contact the team RECONNECT@deepoceangroup.com.